Avalon Uncovers Dreamy New Ports and Possibilities on the Danube River
LITTLETON, Colorado – April 21, 2020 – The Danube River winds and bends through 10 countries to carve a historic path that unites fairytale villages, capital cities, cliffside castles and forested slopes for picture-perfect landscapes as far as the eye can see. Along this legendary path, Avalon Waterways has created a boatload of extraordinary experiences for travelers. The river cruise line has unveiled five (5) NEW Danube River ports as well as three (3) NEW 2021 European river cruise vacations that feature Croatia, Serbia, Romania and Bulgaria.
Spotlighting NEW Danube River ports:
- ILOK, CROATIA: Surrounded by wine-growing hills, Ilok is the easternmost town in Croatia. Here, Avalon Waterways will invite travelers to delve into the town’s 1,000-year-old wine-making tradition and explore Ilok’s cultural heritage, protected by a medieval fortress.
- GOLUBAC, SERBIA: Sitting high above the Danube River, just outside the Iron Gates, is the medieval Golubac fortress: One of the best-preserved fortresses in Europe. Here, guests will soon be invited to learn about the area’s tumultuous history, its ties to the Habsburg Monarchy and Ottoman Empire.
- CONSTANTA, ROMANIA: An incredible, port city on the Black Sea, Constanta offers sweeping views and a seaside getaway. Here, travelers can soon explore the city’s Natural History & Archeological Museum for a glimpse into early Romanian cultures.
- YBBS, AUSTRIA: Established in the 1300s, Ybbs acted as an important port for trade in the Middle Ages. Today, it serves as the entry point for the Danube to lower Austria. Avalon Waterways will be the first international cruise operator to stop in this village and invite guests to experience the area.
- HAINBURG, AUSTRIA: This beautiful Austrian village sits 20 miles outside Bratislava and has a strong Habsburg history. Here, Avalon guests will have the opportunity to experience the area’s wetlands, castle and even its strong, Roman past.
Avalon Waterways’ NEW 2021 Danube itineraries – including those that feature new ports are:
- NEW 9-Day Balkan Odyssey (from Bucharest to Zagreb)
- NEW 9-Day The Danube from Croatia to the Black Sea (from Zagreb to Bucharest)
- NEW 16-Day The Danube from Germany to the Black Sea (from Deggendorf to Bucharest)
“On our all-new Balkan Odyssey cruise, travelers will embark on an adventure along the Danube and Drava rivers for an unforgettable journey through time and tradition,” said Pam Hoffee, managing director of Avalon Waterways. “This itinerary is perfectly book-ended with two nights in both Bucharest and Zagreb and represents our Danube expansion, giving travelers more ports and more possibilities for their river cruise exploration.”
All cruise itineraries sail on Avalon Waterways’ signature Suite Ships which provide guests two full decks of 200-square-foot, one-of-a-kind Panorama Suites featuring the industry’s only Open-Air Balconies and beds facing the incredible views for which river cruising is famous.
Thank you for visiting the website and our blog. I love to research travel destinations and the fun things to do while there. I will use this blog to share the things I find interesting and helpful, the majority of the article will be by others. I will credit them and share a link to their work in the post here. I have been married to Mary since June 1999 we have four children and currently 4 dogs (3 St Bernards, and 1 Small Terrier, 1 Cat, 1 turtle
Certified Travel Associate
ASTA Verified Travel Advisor
Certified Cruise Counsellor
Certified Autism Travel Professional